We are pleased to announce the release of our latest version TimeClick LE 16! Using customer survey results, we have tried to add features that the majority of you requested. If a feature you want was not included be sure to respond to future surveys to get your voice heard.
Without further ado, here is the list of new TimeClick features in LE 16:
- QuickBooks® integration tool – This was the most requested feature in our surveys. Our new online payroll integration center will allow you to import hours directly into QuickBooks. We will soon be adding additional integrations to other popular payroll programs. Stay tuned for details.
- Remove unused license from admin mode – Previously, if a computer crashed there was no way to remove the license without contacting our support staff to reset your license count. Now you can remove computers from your license yourself.
- Set workstation to display one department of employees – The main screen of TimeClick used to default to display all of your employees. Now you can assign a workstation to display a single department so that only that department’s employees will display when you open TimeClick.
- Visual update to the icons and main screen – As much as we loved the early 90’s look we thought it might be time to update to a more modern look. Say maybe late 90’s, early 2000’s.
- Removed license validation requirement on server – Remember how you used to have to open the TimeClick server every 90 days? Those days are behind you.
- Improved support manuals and help contents – It had literally been years, perhaps decades since the last update to our support content. We promise to update a little more often from now on. You can take a look at all the manuals here http://www.timeclick.com/blog/friendly-timeclick-guides-and-manuals/.
- Added employee names to the second page of the reports –Didn’t we all get docked points in middle school when we forgot to put our name on our paper?
- Replaced End-Shift Out option with Clock Out – If your employees work across midnight they no longer have to end their shift they can simply clock out and TimeClick will do the rest.
I am calling them improvements but let’s be honest: they’re bug fixes.
- Updated the Overtime Hours and Combined Hours reports to support semi-monthly pay periods that use weekly overtime.
- Mass entries no longer require minutes to be entered. You can enter 8 hours and you are done. Boy, wasn’t that an annoying error?
- Eliminated message truncation on reports. Sorry, you now have to read those really long employee messages.
- Fix for reports that split time when working across midnight. The night owls were causing us problems.
- Overtime hours report now displays no pay time.
- Fix for the blank accruals report.
- Prevent accruals from being deducted when only a message was entered. Who knew entering a message in TimeClick could have such grave consequences?
- Removed the support renewal reminder. Did you ever get that annoying message saying your support was expired when it wasn’t? Yeah, that is gone now. All renewal information will be communicated through the email addresses associated with your account.
When can I upgrade?
As of June 3rd, 2016 all new customers and trial users will receive LE 16. If you are a current customer who has a support plan you will be notified via email when your upgrade is ready. We have to stagger the release since there are so many of you we cannot help all of you at once. If something you read here really piques your interest you are welcome to contact our support team and we will upgrade you ahead of the scheduled time. If you do not have a support plan but would like an upgrade contact our sales staff at 435-753-4102 and they will gladly help.
How to upgrade?
The time and steps required to upgrade depend on the version of TimeClick you are currently running. The email notification contains specific instructions depending on which version you are running. Older versions of TimeClick such as version 10 or older require a file conversion. Newer versions simply require you to run an updated installer on your TimeClick computers. You’ll be done in a matter of minutes.
How to use the upgrade?
After upgrading you will receive the new instructional manuals. We have already created additional support videos and will continue to add them as time goes along. Refer back to our blog regularly for updated support content.
We try to please as many of our users as we can with these updates, but with our limited resources we cannot accommodate everyone. We greatly value your business and feedback so if you have suggestions for future updates or ways to improve your customer experience please let us know.