TimeClick® allows a business to efficiently track employee hours, but how do you know these records are secure and accurate? Employers need reliable totals to calculate payroll and satisfy government regulations. They also need assurances that employees can’t abuse the system. Likewise, employees want to know they are being fairly compensated and that their sick, vacation, or other accruals are properly recorded as well. In short, all parties must have faith in the system.
How does TimeClick meet these demands?
- Passwords. It all begins with TimeClick’s password system. These secure passwords are maintained by the individual employee. Even administrators are unable to view them. However, admins are able to reset forgotten passwords or require that they be changed regularly and meet higher standards. To change this setting: Enter Administration Mode>>Preferences>>and check the box for Enhanced Password Requirements.
- Time Sync. TimeClick also has a Sync WorkStation Time feature so employees can’t alter their computer time. To enable and set up this feature, please contact TimeClick support. Alternatively, you can follow these instructions to simply lock the time on any Windows computer.
- Corrections. By default, only admins may make corrections, but in the Preferences section, they may choose to allow employees to correct a missed punch. This can only be their previous one. Example: John opens TimeClick to clock out for lunch and realizes he never punched in. He may enter that missed time and a required These entries may be reviewed in Audit Tools>>Manual Entries Report.
- Computer Name Log. This report shows you where every clock action is taking place. To make the most of this ability, TimeClick license plans provide as many workstations as you require and you can even inexpensively upgrade as your business expands.
- Modified Records Report. Sometimes there are circumstances people cannot foresee, and of course everyone forgets to clock in or out once in a while, so an easy-to-use and accountable correction system is mandatory for any time clock program. Audit tools like the Modified Records Report show which records have been altered, both the original and new times and actions, who made the changes, which computer was used to change the record, and the time that change took place. This means that even if someone were to discover the administrative password and alter any records, the original records are still preserved and they would not be able to cover their tracks.
To ensure correct payroll, meet legal standards, and preserve employee morale, time card accuracy is paramount. TimeClick has been providing reliable time clock software for over twenty years and is prepared to grow with your company’s ever expanding time tracking needs.