Printed or PDF reports work fine for many, and TimeClick® allows for PDF and XPS electronic formats, but did you know the reports in version LE 12 can be extracted into a .CSV (Excel) file? From there, you can manipulate the data to suit your own needs or the importation requirements of your payroll program.
First, you’ll need to enable the extraction feature:
- Open TimeClick and enter the administration mode.
- Choose Preferences.
- Choose Passwords & Misc. Controls.
- Check the box labeled Create Data Extraction File.
- Return to the Administrative Options
- Select Reports and run the report you need. Here, we are using the Combined Hours & OT.
- Review the report for errors, then close it.
- Return to the Select Desired Report Screen.
- Choose Open Extraction File. This creates and opens your .CSV.
- Save it to your computer and begin moving data, creating new formulas, or adding and subtracting columns and rows.
Here we have the Combined Hours and OT summary report, which has columns separating Regular, OT, Break, Vacation, Sick, PTO, Holiday, and Other hours:
And here is that same employee timesheet report as an extraction file in Excel.
You may just need to reorganize the data to fit your payroll importation, but let’s say we want to know the sum total number of hours recorded that were non-work hours i.e. Vacation, Sick, PTO, Holiday, and Other time —per employee and as a staff. After eliminating the unused (Break column) and other unnecessary rows and columns, we can label the headers and add formulas to sum Vacation, Sick, PTO, Holiday, and Other time, which is shown below. You could also perform functions such as sorting by department, hours worked, or overtime.
As you can see, we have a condensed version of the extraction with the non-worked hours by employee in new Column N and the simple formula displayed for Ben on Row 6. On Row 9 we have totals by type of hours. TimeClick’s .CSV extractions quickly and easily allow you to format your data. Whether it’s to integrate into your payroll or shed light on just how your workforce functions, these tools aren’t available in printed or PDF forms.