What to Look for in Software Reviews
TimeClick® has been providing quality attendance tracking since 1993. We could trot out hundreds of customers with positive reviews ourselves, but third party reviews are very popular these days. How do you know the time tracking software reviews are objective and honest? Like most things, if you are willing to put in a little research time, it will repay you many times over in the long run. Check out these three resources.
Reviewing the review sites
● Top Ten Reviews professionally evaluates the cream of the crop before scientifically ranking them from #1 to #10. TimeClick® has been their Gold Medal Winner with a perfect 10 out of 10, three years running. Their words:
“TimeClick by Hawkeye Technology, Inc. is known throughout the time card software industry for its easy-to-use interface, industry-leading support and audit and reporting functions. However, it isn’t these points that earn TimeClick our Top Ten Reviews Gold Award for time and attendance software. It is the fact that TimeClick is the most efficient program to track your employees’ in and out times and that it is a fully functional scheduling and employee accountability solution.”
● Capterra uses a grassroots consumer model to rate products on a five star scale. Check for quality and quantity of actual reviews and ratings. You’ll find that TimeClick® rates a perfect 5 out of 5 and has more reviews than any other software. Their words:
“Designed with small businesses in mind, TimeClick is a powerful, easy to use time clock software that allows employees to clock in and out from computers across your network while you manage their time and run reports from a secure admin area. TimeClick provides accurate employee time cards including hours worked, overtime, vacation and much more. Backed with industry leading security and support since 1993, and a 30 day money back guarantee, we know TimeClick will be a great solution for you.”
● Software Advice offers a bit of both—first hand customer evaluations are displayed by rating and quantity, or you may have their own representatives match your business by industry, size, and other factors. TimeClick® has the highest rating on the site, at 4.7 out of 5 stars. From a review posted on Software Advice:
“It’s very easy, especially for people that are not very computer-oriented. The product quality is excellent. I have looked at others, and this surpasses them. Also, it’s very easy to customize for your needs. The customer support is outstanding! I would recommend this to anyone with a large or small business.”
Consider the sources.
Search engines. You may have even found this page that way.
Pro: These can tell you who has a great product.
Con: These can tell you who has a big advertising budget or knows how to manipulate the system.
Ask a friend or business acquaintance, preferably in the same industry.
Pro: If they are happy with their software, chances are great that you’ll be satisfied too.
Con: How many of your friends are expert enough to give you that time tracking software review?
Independent review sites are a terrific asset to tap. Some sites perform their own tests and rankings. Other sites will collect consumer reviews for back to back comparison.
Pro: This can go a long way toward narrowing your search. If you can reduce the field from 100 to the top 5 right off the bat, wouldn’t that save you hours?
Con: Just keep one thing in mind: even well-intentioned review sites may sell advertising space at the top of their page. Make sure you get to the real reviews and not just the placement. Don’t take our word for it.
An informed consumer is our best customer. No matter what the reviews say, make sure it’s right for you. Find out what each program does well and what it lacks.
- Create a list of what you need. If you choose something which doesn’t meet those needs, you’ll be doing this all over again next year, wasting time and money.
- Don’t pay for features you don’t need. Next to recurring or scaling fees, this is the greatest area of waste for most types of software.
- Make sure the tracking software you choose has support available for the product. When payroll is due and something goes wrong, will you be able to reach knowledgeable support staff to help save the day or will it be 4 AM in Timbuktu?
For more than 20 years, TimeClick® has been serving over 5,000 small businesses and improving America’s Favorite time tracking application. But you don’t need to take our word for it—you can see what the search engines, your friends, and the review sites have to say, and there’s still one source we haven’t mentioned. You!
TimeClick® offers free 30 day trials. No strings attached or credit card required. Install the full version of the software on as many workstations as you like. So who can you trust more than yourself?